Collection of your personal information
- There are many aspects of the site that can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to future Rhythm Japan customer support features and communications, or to hire gear online, you are required to submit personally identifiable information.
- This may include but not limited to: first name, surname, address, date of birth, contact phone numbers, credit card details (for online hire only), and other personal information.
How we hold and protect personal information
- The security of your personal information is very important to us. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use SSL encryption on our website from which we transfer certain payment and personal information.
Use of your non-personal and personal information
- Non-Personal Information
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to: browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the website, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this website.
- Personal Information
If you have opted to receive communications, if your data was obtained during hiring your gear online, if your data was provided whilst in store, or you have entered a promotional competition, we will from time to time send you communications about, but not limited to, special deals, news and other relevant information. If you decide not to receive these communications, there is an opt-out mechanism on all communications.
- Other Uses
Sharing your personal information
- We may occasionally hire or use other companies/third party providers to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, or implementing marketing related campaigns. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Rhythm Japan takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Links to other websites
- Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Rhythm Japan. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Rhythm Japan, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
Accessing your personal information
- You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please contact us. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Rhythm Japan reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.