The 2017 / 18 ski season in Japan has definitely been one to remember! December, January and February brought with them some of the heaviest snowfalls Niseko has seen in 20 years. While the lifts are still turning, it seems like now is a great time to look back and celebrate some of the best moments of winter (or at least the most instagramable ones!). Check out Rhythm’s top eight most liked Instagram images!
8. 499 likes. Take us back to when this photo was taken! An absolute pearler by our staff photographer, Aedan O’Donnell. Proof that this winter was one of the best of all time.
7. 509 likes. We love snow but we’re not great fans of digging and unfortunately there were lots of cars to be dug out this season!
6. 514 likes. There she is! The gorgeous Mt Yotei in all her glory. No doubt she’s one of the most photographed volcanoes in the world.
5. 665 likes. We love this photo of the sun setting over our home of Hirafu in Niseko. It’s certainly a beautiful place to live. Thanks for the photo Andy Johensen!
4. 721 likes. What an incredible shot of skier James Winfield ripping into the early season pow. This photo was taken in early December and it definitely got a whole lot of love.
3. 753 likes. This is what Niseko looks like when the top gates open on a sunny day! There’s nothing better than ripping pow turns while Mt Yotei watches on. Thanks to Matthew Andrews for posing and to Aedan O’Donnell for the shot
2. 844 likes. This image of the Ace Quad Lift in the Hirafu area was taken the day lifts started turning. There was plenty of snow on the ground and a whole lot more to come. Looks like our Instagram followers were just as excited about the season starting as we were!
1. 884 likes. Our most liked image of the season! This shot of Douglas Stoddart was taken by Josh Williams who both work at our Boot Solutions store in Hakuba. These guys are lucky they get to work and live in a place they love. Thanks for the photo Doug and Josh!